JDC West is the largest business competition in Western Canada. It is regarded as one of the most challenging business case competitions as it encompasses not only case analysis but showcases the athletic, debate, and social talents of Canadian business students.
This year, the SFU JDC West team will train over the summer and fall semesters in preparation for the competition, which will be hosted by our very own Simon Fraser University in January 2019.
We are currently recruiting for our Academic teams (Deadline: Sunday, May 27th @ 11:59pm).
Academics delegates compete in three-person teams in one of the following disciplines:
- Business Strategy
- Business Technology
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Operations Management (new for 2019)
Our Academics application process will involve three steps:
- Complete the SurveyMonkey application here
- E-mail a copy of your resume and unofficial transcript to email@example.com.
Please Note: The video component has been replaced with group interviews, held on June 2nd & 3rd.
Successful applicants will be contacted by May 30th to be invited for the first round of interviews, held between May 31st and the middle of June. Further successful applicants will be invited to participate in our Summer strategy camp, an extended group tryout and educational opportunity, which will be held from June 15th to June 29th.
The deadline to apply for Academics is Sunday, May 27th at 11:59pm.
We are currently recruiting for our Athletics team (Deadline: Sunday, June 3rd @ 11:59pm).
This year’s sports are Tsegball and D-Hoops.
Please read the application instructions carefully, as incomplete applications will not be considered. Click here to complete the SurveyMonkey application.
Please direct any and all questions regarding Athletics recruitment to Garbo Lee, VP Internal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply for Athletics is Sunday, June 3rd at 11:59pm.
Do you have what it takes to Debate? Do you want to know how well you can sway an audience? JDC West Debate is a modified parliamentary style debate, and is one of the most entertaining disciplines to watch! Please read the application instructions carefully, as incomplete applications will not be considered. Please direct any and all questions regarding Debate recruitment to Ryan Wong, Co-Captain, at email@example.com.
1. Complete the survey application: Link
2. Record a 1 minute video of yourself discussing a topic you are an expert on or something that you feel strongly about (feel free to be creative and have fun!). Upload the video to YouTube and include the link in your step 3 email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. E-mail a copy of your resume, unofficial transcript, and a link to your video to email@example.com.
4. Debate tryouts will be held on Saturday, June 16th (to be confirmed).
The deadline to apply for Debate is Monday, June 4th at 11:59pm.
The Social category is arguably the most unpredictable and unique competition that JDC West has to offer. To be on SFU’s Social Team, you must be ready to endure the most intense, energy-filled, physical, and mentally demanding 48 hours of your life. Please complete this application in its entirety, incomplete applications will not be considered. Please direct any questions to Tom Kadota, Co-Captain, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Complete the application form: Link
2. Record a 1-minute video that will make us smile, laugh, cry or whatever! Be as creative as you want; make us fall in love with you. Upload the video to YouTube and include a link in the e-mail for step 3.
3. Email a copy of your resume, unofficial transcript, and YouTube link to email@example.com.
4. Tryouts will be held on Sunday, June 17th (to be confirmed).
The deadline to apply for Social is Monday, June 4th at 11:59pm.
Please direct any other questions regarding the application process, timelines, commitment, or the any other aspect of the SFU JDC West 2019 team to firstname.lastname@example.org.